Blake Bortles: Jaguars 'tired of being below average

Discussion in 'College Sports Talk' started by aliciahuang, Jun 14, 2017.

1. aliciahuang

Blake Bortles: Jaguars 'tired of being below average

Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles has the unenviable task of not only rebuilding his throwing mechanics this offseason,Authentic Vontae Davis Jersey, but also convincing those around him that it will be worth the wait.

In a session with reporters in Jacksonville on Wednesday,Blake Bortles Jersey, Bortles was a little more straightforward with his message.

"This is my job,Allen Robinson Jersey, my passion, via Jaguars.com. "I'm going to exhaust every resource I have to make this thing work."," Bortles said

He added: "Guys are sick and tired of being below average.

To believe in the Jaguars this season is really to believe in Bortles,Vontae Davis Jersey, Bortles' touchdown percentage more than doubled his rookie year total. The development of receivers like Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson formed the bedrock of an offense that could one day produce a playoff berth.,Authentic Blake Bortles Jersey,Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey,Authentic Jalen Ramsey Jersey, who can point to an age-23 season in 2015 when he threw 35 touchdowns and 18 interceptions en route to a 5-11 record as the main reason for hope. During that season

Last season did not do that belief any favors,Jalen Ramsey Jersey, none of this is news., as Bortles regressed alongside one of the least effective running games in the league. By now

The one positive for Jaguars fans perplexed by this Bortles situation is that 2017 will be definitive. The club has shifted into win-now mode as evidenced by their aggressive spending on the free agent market and the acquisition of one of the draft's best individual athletes, the team will know for sure that it's time to move on. Bortles' performances during minicamp and training camp should provide a fascinating window into the eventual outcome., Leonard Fournette. Should Bortles' message turn out not to be true

• Dislike Dislike x 1