Eric Berry's good deed 'ain't nothing new'

Discussion in 'College Sports Talk' started by aliciahuang, Jun 15, 2017.

1. aliciahuang

Eric Berry's good deed 'ain't nothing new'

Last Wednesday was no different than any other day for Eric Berry, it just happened his actions got caught by a fan.

When the Kansas City Chiefs safety and former Tennessee All-American bought meals for three homeless individuals in downtown Knoxville, it caught traction on social media after a fan shined a light on the good deed with a Facebook post.

before his first workout of the offseason with the Chiefs,Authentic Alex Smith Jersey,Berry said Tuesday,Authentic Tyreek Hill Jersey, that it wasn't out of the norm.

“That ain't nothing new,Justin Houston Jersey,” Berry said in a story published on the Chiefs team website. “It's just something I learned from my parents. They always talk about how blessed you are and always taking other people in consideration.

trying to do something for somebody else before you. Put somebody else before you,Marcus Peters Jersey,"That's it — not always thinking about yourself, and that's just something I've always done."

Berry was in Knoxville to speak at the News Sentinel Sports Awards at the Tennessee Theater on Wednesday. More details of what followed were offered on Tuesday.

Berry asked the three homeless people if they wanted food,Before buying the food, then took orders. Afterward he said a prayer with one of the individuals after being asked to do so.

"I don't do it for the attention,” Berry said. "I don't do none of this for the attention. I do it to better myself and give back. That's what you should do it for.

'Hey,Alex Smith Jersey,Tyreek Hill Jersey,' or something like that,Authentic Justin Houston Jersey,Authentic Marcus Peters Jersey, maybe I should help feed a homeless person today,"If somebody looks at it and is like, it's cool, but I ain't doing it for the attention. I just do it because I feel like that's what you're supposed to do when you have the chance."

• Dislike Dislike x 1