MIA: JayhawkInVegas

Discussion in 'College Sports Talk' started by Gaelhawk, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Gaelhawk

Gaelhawk I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

I've got a thread started on the Phog to see if anyone knows anything or knows how to contact him. I've also sent him a PM on Scout. He's been missing on Scout since March 19 which is earlier than here.

Hopefully, The Ape Room can help.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SoonerManiac

SoonerManiac Fanatic

Thanks, GH. Sadly, this would be like the 5th or 6th independent Big 12 forum I've gone through that closed down. *sigh*

3. Gaelhawk

No good news from the Phog. Really, that's not surprising to me. When we do meet up it's usually at a bar for a bier summit. I've met a few guys at bars in Lawrence but I'm damned if I remember real names.

4. Gaelhawk

I found this thread in which JIV tells us about recent problems in his life. The thread was started 2/6/17. In the first post he wrote this: Btw, I am using a new pen name. My initials with a shortened last name. Works for me. I can't tell you how much I hated the fanatic.

The author's name for The Ultimate Realignment Plan is J. S. Mack. I'm guessing this is him. Is there anyone on the board who can do anything with this? I'll ask the boys in The Ape Room tomorrow as they used to be real good at tracking down people.

5. NJAggie

NJAggie Fanatic

I looked up the registry for the sight, but he set it up private with Go Daddy so no name or contact info there.

6. NJAggie

NJAggie Fanatic

If we could find him, and he's done, I might be interested in picking up the sight. I've grown kind of fond of it.

• Like Like x 5
  7. SoonerManiac

SoonerManiac Fanatic

:up

8. Slingblade4OSU

Slingblade4OSU Season Ticket Holder

Yeah I've issues of my own. So that's why not much posting. I come and read a lot just don't log in.

9. Gaelhawk

I have no news. With Scout's changover to CBS the site really sucks. Prior to that I didn't get any positive responses, which is what I expected to begin with.

10. NJAggie

NJAggie Fanatic

Thanks for trying.

11. SoonerLawyer29

SoonerLawyer29 Fanatic

Just throwing this out there. But one way to perhaps track down JIV might be to check out who "liked" this site's posts consistently on facebook. Makes sense that a guy who owns a site would probably try to promote it among his FB friends by liking its posts and sharing them with friends and family. This might require a little bit of time and effort, of course. I don't have that time but I'd encourage anyone else who is interested to put on their detective hat.

I think we know roughly that JIV is probably in his late 30s/early 40s and that he lives in the KC area.

The obvious downside to that would be unintentionally unmasking the other people who post on this board. But if anyone figures out who I am, I don't really care, provided they don't dox me on the board.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NJAggie

NJAggie Fanatic

Do any of you guys know where he's hosting this at? I can't find any info here.

13. SoonerLawyer29

SoonerLawyer29 Fanatic

No idea. Unfortunately. Hopefully he'll show back up when football season gets going to give us an update.

14. Number Monkey

Number Monkey Moderator

I've been trying to reach him since the Spring and haven't had a peep back yet. Even when he had some issues going on he replied in time, but this has been months. I can edit, but he's got control of the posting on the site itself, so I've not been able to add much.

Here's hoping he's ok and life's just busy as shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. GoldRusher

GoldRusher Booster

Thanks monkey, good to see that bot crap has been cleaned up. I was getting worried about the place